In massage therapy, a licensed massage therapist manipulates the soft tissues of your body by using various degrees of pressure and movement. The primary area of focus is the muscle, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, and skin. Massages are considered part of integrative medicine and is excellent for one’s overall health and wellness.
Our massage therapist at Elevate Health in South Tampa offer a variety of massage therapies.
- Sports Massage: This type of therapy is great for recovery, increasing mobility, sports injuries or just injuries in general, and managing pain. It is designed for athletes or those that are highly active. Often, we use deep slow pressure to focus on specific areas of the body
- Swedish Massage: This is a classic full body massage where we use light to medium pressure and with long gliding and relaxing strokes. Most of our massage patients in our South Tampa office seek this type of massage to help alleviate muscle aches and promote general relaxation and increased circulation. This is a great massage to help reduce stress, and to assist in healing as well.
- Deep Tissue Massage: A more traditional massage using medium to deep pressure. There is a strong focus on realigning muscles and connective tissue. This is a highly successful way of treating areas of tightness, tension, and discomfort, while also helping to release toxins and reduce inflammation.
Elevate Health in South Tampa offers Cupping Therapy, due to its many benefits. Some of the benefits of cupping include:
- Increased Blood Flow
- Relaxation of Muscles
- Promotes Healing
- Helps Alleviate Pain
What is cupping therapy?
Cupping is a therapy we perform using a globe shaped cup that is usually constructed of plastic, glass, rubber, or silicone. We place the open side of the cup on your skin and then create a vacuum inside the cup. This will pull your skin and superficial muscles up into the cup.
At Elevate Health, a destination for cupping therapy in South Tampa, we place multiple cups on your skin and will leave them in place for a short period of time.
What health conditions can benefit from Cupping?
- Lower Back Pain
- Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Knee Pain
- Headaches and Migraines
- Congestion and Bronchitis
Hot Stone Massage
One of the types of massage that has been highly requested in South Tampa at Elevate Health, and across the world, is the hot stone massage. It’s a more natural therapy, where we place smooth-surfaced, warmed stones on different parts of the body to help you relax both physically and mentally. If you are looking for a hot stone massage in South Tampa, you have come to the right place. We can add this service to any of our massages listed above to adapt your massage therapy treatment to your liking.
What are some of the benefits of Hot Stone Massage?
- Comforting and relaxing
- The heat aids depth
- Relieves anxiety and stress
- Relieves tension and pain
- Helps sleep
- Immune boosting
- Hels to manage chronic pain
- Draws out toxins
Book your appointment today for a hot stone massage at Elevate Health in South Tampa.